DMA Central

THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY FOR DIGITAL MEDIA ACADEMY

The Complete Summer Camp Experience

As the official community for Digital Media Academy, DMAC tries to share with you the latest technology news each day, as well as a little piece of the DMA story. Words only tell half of the story, we know pictures can do a whole lot more. So here in photographs are some of the most basic reasons why DMA has been ranked among the world’s best summer camp experiences…and why you or someone you love should be considering spending a few weeks of your summer with DMA.

DMA’s Surfing and Filmmaking course at the University of San Diego, teaches kids both inside and outside of the studio classroom. “I catch waves in the morning and edit film footage about my surfing in the afternoon.”

DMA offers something for everyone, the Adventures program is for kids as young as six years old. Digital Media Academy also provides critically acclaimed one week summer camp experiences and two-week academies for teens – DMA even offers courses for Adults. And did you know, DMA is also an Apple Certified Training Center? That’s right. You can get certified in Apple or Adobe programs and use that certification to land a job or just enhance your existing skill sets.

When attending a DMA summer camp at one of ten of the most prestigious universities in the U.S. (Harvard, Stanford, The University of Chicago, The University of Texas (Austin) or UBC at Vancouver, just to name a few), student campers get a chance to experience college life – without the stress and pressure of college life.

DMA provides a safe and supervised taste of the college campus experience. (Shown: Sharples Hall, Summer Camp at Swarthmore University)

Hands-On Experience
DMA gives student campers a chance to work on their projects and interact with other student campers in a collaborative process, making friends along the way. DMA’s camps are project based. After a week of learning, exploring and making friends, each camper brings home their own finished project. But Digital Media Academy doesn’t just sit kids in a classroom in front of a computer all day – a group may grab a Jamba Juice or coffee and talk about the latest movies and how that’s affecting their video edit – or spend time outside with recreational and team-building activities.

DMA campers get hands-on experience using brand new, state-of-the art, industry standard equipment.

I’ve met some of the best friends I’ve ever had at DMA.” – Katie, age 9

“DMA lets me progress at my own speed while getting advanced instruction…” – Tommy, age 17

“DMA gives my child personalized attention from professional instructors.” – Tina V., mom of DMA camper.

“DMA gives me the chance to do what I love and find a way to make something cool and creative out of that experience. It gives me a place to explore my creative hobby with other kids like me.” – Peter, DMA camper, age 12

At Digital Media Academy, we believe that our campers deserve a complete summer camp experience. That means providing them with expert instruction and hands-on learning opportunities with the latest technical equipment. But it also means giving campers opportunities for recreation, exercise, learning and a chance to forge special friendships that can last a lifetime. From video game design to digital filmmaking, DMA instructors are industry professionals and ready to share their experience with you. Why not spend a week this summer at the world’s #1 computer, filmmaking, video game design, app development summer camp?

SIGN IN TO LEAVE A COMMENT -or- SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH OTHERS:

[Bloglines] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [Facebook] [Furl] [Google] [LinkedIn] [Mixx] [MySpace] [Newsvine] [Propeller] [Reddit] [Squidoo] [StumbleUpon] [Twitter] [Email]
posted by Phill Powell in News Blog and have No Comments

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name
Email
Website
Your comment