Facebook has long teased iPad owners/Facebook users with rumors of a Facebook app. Finally, after months of anticipation, the iPad Facebook app is now available.
The long-awaited app was released on Monday with little fanfare. Much more noise was made behind the scenes as Facebook and Apple worked out the details on the release.
The Facebook iPad app is available for free from iTunes and offers Facebook a laundry list of great features:
- Bigger, better photos: Photos take on new life with Facebook’s photo album. Images are big and high-res.
- Cleaner user interface: Facebook fiends can navigate their content – such as updates, photos and stories – quicker. Navigation is also easier, using a gentle tap, slide or pinch.
- Simplified navigation: Send a message or see a notification. Also browse bookmarks without switching screens.
- Games: You can also play your favorite Facebook games through the app, and on a bigger screen.
- Send & review messages with a tap: A simple drop-down menu makes it easy to scan your messages and send them without visiting your inbox.
Overall, the Facebook iPad app gives users a sleeker interface, allowing you to stay up to date with your friends, their activities and more. For iPad users on the go, it’s a no-brainer.
Apple insiders had assured techies that the Facebook iPad app would be revealed when Apple announced the iPhone 5 last week – and we all know how that turned out. Apple instead revealed the iPhone 4S. Nonetheless, a Facebook app is still a win for Apple considering no other tablets running Google’s Android OS have a tailor-made Facebook app – and that’s definitely something that would make Steve Jobs happy. App development is a huge business. In fact, mobile apps already eclipse stand-alone software sales for consoles and PCs.
SIGN IN TO LEAVE A COMMENT – or – SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH OTHERS: