DMA Central

THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY FOR DIGITAL MEDIA ACADEMY

Apple’s Updated MacBook Pro Line

Apple Inc. updated its MacBook Pro line of laptop computers on Monday. The update was made with little fanfare; the machines will keep their current style and price points, but now offer faster processors and better graphics.

The new MacBook Pros feature the same familiar styling but revved-up processors and better graphics. 

The line is based on a trio of MacBook Pros, each of which are powered by Apple‘s Mac OS X Lion operating system:

• The 13-inch MacBook Pro and it’s being offered in two configurations: a 2.4-gigahertz dual-core Intel i5 processor priced at $1,199 and a 2.8-gigahertz dual-core Intel i7 chip available for slightly more.
  • Stepping up to the next model, the 15-inch MacBook Pro (starting price: $1,799) features a 2.2-gigahertz quad-core Intel i7 processor and a 500-gigabyte hard drive. Like the new 13-inch MacBook Pro, the interim model has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 integrated graphic card, but also sports an AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics card that has 512 megabytes of dedicated memory.
  • The 17-inch MacBook Pro (which starts at $2,499) contains a 2.4-gigahertz Intel Core i7 processor and AMD’s hot new Radeon HD 6770M graphics card.

As you can see, the updated line is pushing its stronger graphics capabilities, as well as its faster processors. The end result for users is that tasks can be accomplished more quickly and the graphics are not only more eye-pleasing but will also enable faster video playback that’s more stable…which makes the new PowerBooks ideal for anyone (such as filmmakers and other creative professionals) who might be using Apple’s Final Cut Pro video-editing software or programs such as Adobe Photoshop.

Apple’s offering the updated MacBook Pro in three models. (Check out the new MacBook Pro specs.)

Test Drive a New MacBook 
Want to get your hands on one of these new machines? Do it while you’re also learning something cool under the watchful eye of a seasoned Apple pro. At Digital Media Academy‘s computer summer camps, students use the latest Apple technology in almost every course and summer camp. DMA offers a wide variety of programs that are located on many of America’s greatest college campuses and they use only the latest state-of-the-art technology, like the new Apple MacBook Pros.

SIGN IN TO LEAVE A COMMENT – or – SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH OTHERS:

[Bloglines] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [Facebook] [Furl] [Google] [LinkedIn] [Mixx] [MySpace] [Newsvine] [Propeller] [Reddit] [Squidoo] [StumbleUpon] [Twitter] [Email]
posted by Phill Powell in Apple,News Blog and have No Comments

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name
Email
Website
Your comment