DMA Central

THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY FOR DIGITAL MEDIA ACADEMY

Parents Want Quality, More Families Asking for Financial Aid

By Phil Gibson, Founder Digital Media Academy

At least a few days each week, I spend time answering the phone, chatting with parents who are trying to figure out what summer camp to send their child to. One thing is clear, summer camp remains a top priority for families. I get that. We have 3 children ages 4 to 10 and sending them to a summer camp experience is a given. What is also clear in this tough economy is that many parents are waiting a bit longer and choosing more carefully. Let’s face it. Some families are worried about job security or have already felt the impact of a layoff – or worse. Other families are wondering when their luck will run out. Even for the majority who are registering as usual, there is a higher sense of purpose – parents feel better about spending on quality this year.

I see opportunity in this economy. Perhaps this won’t be a stellar year for the summer camp industry, though our industry will do better than some. I see this an an opportunity to demonstrate our values. We have seen a record number of scholarship applications, and we will offer the most financial aid in our history.  In the end, parents want the best for their children and it is our #1 mission to deliver the best.

Learn more about our scholarship opportunities: 

Financial Assistance for Summer Camp

Learn about Grants for Teachers: 

Grants for Teacher Education

What do teachers say about Grants for Teachers?

Teachers at Summer Camp!

[Bloglines] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [Facebook] [Furl] [Google] [LinkedIn] [Mixx] [MySpace] [Newsvine] [Propeller] [Reddit] [Squidoo] [StumbleUpon] [Twitter] [Email]
posted by Phil Gibson in News Blog and have No Comments

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name
Email
Website
Your comment