DMA Central

THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY FOR DIGITAL MEDIA ACADEMY

DMA "Learning Experience"

By Dave Livingston, Director of Instruction

When I’m not busy directing or managing the day to day activities involved with putting on DMA @ 20 locations during the summer, I get to teach Final Cut Pro courses for DMA. Since DMA is an Apple Certified Training center we do offer a set of standardized Apple courses on each of their Pro Apps, which involves covering set topics and giving our students the option of taking an exam at the end of the course in order to become Apple Certified. This is pretty much what all training centers have to do. But what makes the DMA experience unique is the way we weave project-based work into the course. For example in the 5-day FCP 200 course students get the chance to edit and complete two projects. Students can review and go through the book based exercises at any time, but getting a chance to role up their sleeves and edit while surrounded by other students and expert instructors is what really helps them apply what they are learning while developing their creative and visual storytelling skills.

Every class I teach for DMA has a different chemistry based on the students who are in the seats. When they get a chance to share what they’ve worked on and observe what others have created with the same tools, a true collaborative learning environment starts to take over. Instead of a group of individuals we get a group of people sharing ideas, techniques and creative inspirations.
I hope to see you in one of our courses this summer!

[Bloglines] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [Facebook] [Furl] [Google] [LinkedIn] [Mixx] [MySpace] [Newsvine] [Propeller] [Reddit] [Squidoo] [StumbleUpon] [Twitter] [Email]
posted by David in News Blog and have No Comments

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name
Email
Website
Your comment