DMA Central

THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY FOR DIGITAL MEDIA ACADEMY

Digital Photography and Photoshop Summer Camp

Introduction to Digital Photography and Photoshop Summer Camp

By TOM TUTTLE Faculty, Digital Media Academy , Digital Photography and Photoshop

Last summer’s Digital Media Academy Introduction to Digital Photography and Photoshop summer camp course was a classic. Every class seems to have an extraordinary mix of people. This past summer we had a gentleman who came from Tokoyo, two high school teachers and great mix of five high school students. Some had a little photoshop experience and some had photography experience.

One of our high school students decided her passion was photography and sent me the following e-mail just last month:
“Hello Mr. Tuttle!
I just wanted to let you know that I was accepted into the school of Photographic Arts and Imaging at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)…”

For those not familiar with RIT, it is one of the top three photography schools in the world.  A portion of her portfolio came from her class at Digital Media Academy. This photo was chosen as the most outstanding image of the week; selected from over 3,000 photographs taken.

Every course is different. We do a survey of what students want to learn and then mold the class to include those topics. Last summer, we covered outdoor portraiture, close-up & macro photography, architecture and special effects.

[Bloglines] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [Facebook] [Furl] [Google] [LinkedIn] [Mixx] [MySpace] [Newsvine] [Propeller] [Reddit] [Squidoo] [StumbleUpon] [Twitter] [Email]
posted by Instructor in Digital Photography,News Blog and have No Comments

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name
Email
Website
Your comment