DMA Central

THE OFFICIAL COMMUNITY FOR DIGITAL MEDIA ACADEMY

Music Video Production and Skateboarding Summer Camp

Music Video Production and Skateboarding Summer Camp

By SCOTT TAYLOR

Summer 2010 is almost upon us and I for one am truly exited to return to the University of California – UCSD campus for another round of Digital Media Academy US summer camps for kids courses. As a full time video editor, skateboarder and musician, the addition of the music video production class in the summer camp line-up has got me amped to see what this years students can come up with, both musically and visually using Final cut suite and Logic studio 9. Even if you’ve never touched an instrument, this summer camp will have you rocking like a pro.

The intro to film making class is a must for anyone who wants to get an understanding of some of the best techniques for telling stories, while leaning the ins and outs of Final Cut Pro. And as if that weren’t enough, There is my personal favorite class “Skateboarding and Film making summer camp“  This is the class that takes students on a non stop skate park tour of SoCal, where we will see local pro’s at work, well as get a chance to make a film of their summer skate adventures. If Skateboarding is your passion, this is a class I can assure you you’ll never forget…

Check out this video made by Circa shoes of their am rider Walker Ryan as he gives you the lowdown on some of the spots and skate-history that UCSD offers. Here’s the link over to Thrasher Magazine:

Thrasher Magazine Video

And here’s the actual video. 

(Note from the blog editor – this is NOT a film of Digital Media Academy summer camp!!!  This is a cool video that shows you a professional skateboarder showing you the UCSD campus… He is not wearing a helmet….  He SHOULD be wearing a helmet!  EVERYONE at Digital Media Academy summer camps SHALL wear protective gear, so no worries.  Now, editor’s note out of the way, enjoy the scenery!   Penny – the blog admin and mother of  a 13 year old that ALWAYS wears a very cool helmet while skateboarding…)

In the few months between now and July, you can catch me hosting the internet broadcast for this Years Vans Pro TecPool party, on May 22nd.

Vans TecPool Party

And here’s the video of the 2009 Vans TecPool event: 

And if you happen to be in San Diego on May 23 I’ll be MCing the Tony Hawk demo set to benefit local animal shelters.

Tony Hawk Demo

[Bloglines] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [Facebook] [Furl] [Google] [LinkedIn] [Mixx] [MySpace] [Newsvine] [Propeller] [Reddit] [Squidoo] [StumbleUpon] [Twitter] [Email]
posted by Penny Gould in News Blog and have Comment (1)

One Response to “Music Video Production and Skateboarding Summer Camp”

1. This video is really nice,how I wish I am good in skateboarding and the guy is really good..I adore him for that..Good job.I had fun viewing this video..!I would suggest that he must wear a helmet next time..!!

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name
Email
Website
Your comment