In less than 24 hours, we’ll all know what Apple’s iPhone division has been up to with the latest iPhone. This will be the first time in 20 years that Apple has introduced a product without Steve Jobs – although some have rumored Jobs may make an appearance, everyone’s really looking for the next iPhone (or iPhones).
That’s right – Apple may release two phones. In addition to the iPhone 5, a second phone would be cheaper and have less storage capacity. Some analysts are referring to it as the iCloud Phone. Apple’s new cloud-computing services could be a direct tie-in.
Let’s Talk iPhone
Apple still hasn’t released the tech specs on their next phone. Nonetheless, industry insiders, Apple patent detectives, newshounds tracking the lost iPhone in Bay Area bars and analysts have given the following rumors (and possible features) a bit more attention:
- The iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S will be available with a 2-year wireless service contract from AT&T or Verizon. Cost? $200. (The iPhone may be available to Sprint customers, too.) (Updated 10:30PM PT 10/3/11: The Boy Genius Report now says the iPhone 5 will be exclusive to Sprint! The iPhone 5 will run on Sprint’s 4G WiMax network. AT&T and Verizon will get the iPhone 4S (the current iPhone with upgraded internal hardware) and get theiPhone 5 early next year.)
- Thinner, wider and shorter according to Gizmodo, based on the supposed leaked case designs for the iPhone.
- An A5 processor (the processor in the iPad) will be the brains of the phone.
- A “teardrop” shape back.
- Qualcomm’s multi-carrier chip may enable an iPhone travel or ”world mode.”
- An upgraded, 8-megapixel rear camera.
- New voice-recognition features.
We’re not exactly sure what to expect but we do know we’ll get an upgrade to an already amazing phone. Apple has continued to revolutionize the smartphone industry. Fans and industry investors alike are eager to get their hands on Apple’s new iPhone. Here’s a concept video from a film producer and phone fan:
If only the new iPhone could perform these futuristic tricks. The future’s not that far off.
We’ll find out about Apple’s announcement on Tuesday at 10 AM (PT). Apple will host the iPhone launch event at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, California.
For Apple, the world’s most valuable company, it’s the company’s first product announcement under new CEO, Tim Cook. The big question surrounding the announcement: Who will take center stage at the event? Everyone, from Apple to the App developer, is waiting to find out.
SIGN IN TO LEAVE A COMMENT – or – SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH OTHERS: